1 Meinen Jesum laß ich nicht;weil er sich für mich gegeben,so erfordert meine Pflicht,klettenweis an ihm zu kleben;er ist meines Lebens Licht,meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.2 Jesum laß ich nimmer nicht,weil ich soll auf Erden leben;ihm hab ich voll Zuversicht,was ich bin und hab, ergeben;alles ist auf ihn gericht,meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.3 Laß vergehen das Gesicht,Hören, Schmecken, Fühlen weichen,laß das letzte Tageslichtmich auf dieser Welt erreichen;wenn der Lebensfaden bricht,meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.4 Ich werd ihn auch lassen nicht,wenn ich nun dahin gelanget,wo für seinem Angesichtmeiner Väter Glaube pranget;mich erfreut sein Angesicht;meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.5 Nicht nach Welt, nach Himmel nichtmeine Seele wünscht und stöhnet,Jesum wünscht sie und sein licht,der mich hat mit Gott versöhnet,der mich freiet vom Gericht,meinem Jesum laß ich nicht.6 Jesum laß ich nicht von mir,Geh ihm ewig an der Seiten:Christus läßt mich für und fürZu dem Lebensbächlein leiten.Selig, wer mit mir so spricht:Meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.*)M. Chr. Keymann, 1656 oder 1658.*) J. G. C. Z. S. spricht: d.i.: Joh. Georg, Churfürst zu Sachsen, spricht: Meinen Jesum laß ich nicht.
My prose translation:
1 I do not leave my Jesus;Because He has given Himself ro meMy duty demandsTo stick to Him like a burr;He is the light of my life;I do not leave my Jesus.2 I never leave JesusBecause I should live on earth;In Him I have full confidenceTo establish what I am and have;Everything is turned towards Him;I do not leave my Jesus.3 Let sight pass away;[Let] hearing, tasting, [and] feeling yield;Let the last light of dayReach me on this world;When the thread of life breaks,I do not leave my Jesus.4 I will not even leave HimWhen I reach where -Because of His face -The faith of my fathers shines;His face gladdens me;I do not leave my Jesus.5 Not for the world, not for HeavenDoes my soul wish and groan;It wishes for Jesus and His light,[Jesus] Who has reconciled me with God,Who frees me from the judgement;I do not leave my Jesus.6 I do not let Jesus leave me;[I] go eternally to His side:Forever, Christ lets meBe led to the streams of life.Blessed [is he] who speaks thus with me:I do not leave my Jesus.M. Chr. Keymann, 1656 or 1658.*) "J. G. C. Z. S. spricht" that is: Joh. Georg, Prince Elector to Sachsen, says, "I do not leave my Jesus."
Similar to the previous hymn, that each verse ends with the line "I do not leave my Jesus" illustrates this constancy.
I don't know if my translation of the footnote fully explains the bold letters in the last verse. In a way, the author inscribed his name and title in the initial letters of each line and finished it off with the recurring sentiment "I do not leave my Jesus."
This hymn appears (with the last verse of the above omitted) as "Jesus I Will Never Leave" in The Lutheran Hymnal (#365). It's paired with the tune "Meinen Jesum lass' ich nicht," which is also what the Gesangbuch refers to when it notes "in previous tune" (the tune for #254).
Here's the arrangement from TLH: